Why Join NTEU?
Need Reasons to Join NTEU?
1: NTEU is the fasted growing federal sector union, currently representing some 150,000 employees nationwide.
2. Not a day goes by that NTEU nationally and locally isn't working for your rights as a federal employee
3. NTEU is the most powerful, pro-federal employee lobbyist on Capitol Hill, constantly testifying before Congress, rallying and petitioning on behalf of members for equitable pay, benefits and more hiring
4. Members are protected through aggressive court actions spearheaded by NTEU's Office of the General Council
5. Members receive job-site representation on a daily basis from well-trained chapter officers and stewards
6. Professional representation is provided to members in EEOC proceedings, hearings before the Merit Systems Protection Board, replies to proposed suspension, demotion or removal based on unacceptable performance
7. Members receive the national NTEU Bulletin and local chapter newsletters filled with legislation, litigation and negotiation updates, NTEU victories and member benefit information. Members can also subscribe to the weekly e-Bulletin for news and information
8. Members elect their chapter officers, have a voice in the direction of the chapter and ratify their NTEU/agency contract
9. NTEU is always working to improve the image of the federal employee in the media through legislative actions
10. Skilled negotiators represent NTEU members at the bargaining table resulting in effective and all-encompassing NTEU/agency contracts to protect employees' rights
11. All members in good standing receive a free $1,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance policy
12. Members are eligible for: short-term disability, universal life, professional liability, auto and homeowners insurance; and discounts on moving expenses, car rentals, hotel/motel stays and more