NTEU Chapter 296
National Park Service
  • How to Leave the Union
    Jun 03, 2021

    How to Leave the Union

    The steps are explained in Article 6 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement 

    The SF-1188 form (to stop Union dues from being taken out of the individual's pay) is available on OPM website. It needs to be filled out and turned into Labor Relations, or you can send the form to us. John Renaud is the current membership coordinator and can handle the request.  (Or anyone on the executive board.)

    You may wish to leave the Union because:

    • Retirement
    • taking another job
    • leaving WASO
    •  taking a new job as a supervisor, a management official, or a confidential employee

    If you wish to leave the Union for other reasons:

    • Please let us know the reason. We really don't want you to leave and if we can solve an issue or clear up a misunderstanding we will be happy to do so. Letting us know the reason will also help us to serve our members in the future. 
    • Please be aware  that pursuant to our Collective Bargaining Agreement, if you are remaining as a NPS WASO staff person (i.e., staying in our bargaining unit) and still want to leave the Union, you need to wait until Pay Period 15. 

  • CBA 2017

    2017 Collective Bargaining Agreement

    Our next Monthly Chapter Meeting Lunch:

    April 24, 2024


    Via Microsoft Teams
    (Generally it's the 3rd Wednesday of the month) 

    << April 2024 >>
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30

    The process for updating our CBA is beginning 

    Find out what you need to know and how you can participate!

    Site Search
    Site Map
    RSS Feeds
    Follow Us!
    Facebook icon
    Important Links
    DOL Rights -Statement of Member Rights and Officer Responsibilities
  • NTEU Chapter 296

    Copyright © 2024.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

  • Top of Page image